The dream candidate for this position can write in a variety of voices, understands the ins and outs of grammar, and produces brilliant copy to suit a variety of media from infographics and e-books to web content and blog posts. They will work directly with content strategists, designers and developers to actualise their strategies, while they can demonstrate a proven track record in researching and writing web content.
This position will work on a set of 4 to 7 clients in partnership with your own team, which includes a digital PR exec, SEO exec, content strategist, and project manager; together, you are responsible for achieving outstanding ROI for clients. You will also learn from and share your own insights with the content staff working on other clients including luxury British brands, leisure industry, gambling, and fun finance. The salary range is £22,500 – £25,500 depending on excellence & experience.
This position requires an individual who can take a step back and assess a piece of content within its required context. Experience writing e-books, blog posts, onsite content and infographic content is required. The role will work in close partnership with the content strategist to create a dazzling finished product. A commercial awareness of how content affects a client’s bottom line as well as researching data for content production and project managing third-party suppliers will be necessary. Others job titles including copywriter, copy editor, digital content marketing executive, content marketing graduate, marketing and communications exec, and marcomms exec are relevant.
The role requires someone who is careful, strategic, thorough and loves to develop storylines all the way through to completion. With every piece of content created, you will work with the SEO exec to be able to be able to answer the question “why?” a concept will drive increased client revenues. Since you will be writing, researching, and working with developers and designers on HTML5s, you must be detail-oriented, have perfect grammar and 100% fluency in English (not one mistake is acceptable for this role).
Role Responsibilities and Tasks
- Creating outstanding content including blog posts, articles, infographic text, e-books
- Brilliant mastery of tone for different types of content and client industries
- Review, edit, and proof-read presentations
- Review, edit, and proof-read writing briefs sent to freelancers
- Review, edit, and proof-read content coming back from freelancers
- Review interactive content coming back from designers and developers to check if it’s on brief and fits the goals of the project
- Hold a solid grasp of inbound marketing and content marketing strategies;
- The ability to function in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment where a friendly team operates under pressure and maintains a lovely working environment.
- Quality control of content delivered to clients
- Partner with BlueGlass team members, remote workers, and third parties to conceptualise, write, and implement creative content plans
- Ensure all content is informed by the client’s business and brand strategy, and brand voice guidelines are followed across markets, channels and touch points.
- Play a role in defining content standards, content quality and processes that align with best practices
- Work within an agile environment
- Attend 9:15am morning scrums each weekday in the office
- Become a thought leader within the digital industry – we encourage everyone to write for our blog and relevant publications plus we provide speaker training.
- At least 1 year of relevant content production experience
- Variety in copywriting experience between mediums both written and visual
- Variety of writing samples across different industries and levels of formality
- Strong with data research (both tools and ideally spreadsheets), in order to build content research into interesting content pieces
- Creative ability to come up with content campaign ideas, within a client’s specific brand guidelines
- Attention to detail; if this is true for you then put the name Rudolph at the top of your CV, covering letter or message to prove it.
- Demonstrate strong prioritisation skills with a keen sense of how to meet deadlines
- Ability to analyse, research and modify content to achieve defined goals and quality control
- Highly organised and able to adapt in a constantly changing industry
BlueGlass values represent our agency’s approach to pretty much everything. If you don’t wholeheartedly agree in full with each of these principles and have multiple examples of yourself embodying them, please do not apply. We assess every candidate on these points in great detail.
- Be proud of your work – “You are not your resume, you are your work.” Seth Godin
- We win and lose together – “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.” Michael Jordan
- Take responsibility for your actions – “The price of greatness is responsibility.” Sir Winston Churchill
- Learning never stops – “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” Dr. Seuss
- Act with honesty – “Honesty is the best policy.” Chinese Proverb
Salary & Benefits:
£22,500 – £25,500
When you join the BlueGlass family, you’re getting more than just a career; you’re investing in your future and wellness. In the last 4 years BlueGlass success as a business stems from doing whats right for clients, and while we don’t do this in order to win awards, it’s nice when we do (like The Drum’s Fastest Growing Agencies under 25 people, UK and European Search Awards). As a small privately owned agency of 15 people, BlueGlass UK doesn’t answer to shareholders so the team can focus on growing the business with existing clients developing further (as opposed to aggressive new business targets and sales team).
Our benefits include:
- Private medical insurance coverage
- Subsidised gym membership
- 25 days holiday to start
- Current Mac on most up-to-date software
- Open plan office with plenty of natural sunlight
- All you can drink tea and coffee
- Burrito Friday lunch-and-learns
- Free books allowance
- Quarterly team events
- Annual company retreat (we went skiing in Switzerland last year!)
- Training & conference attendance
- Tea and coffee and the occasional treat
- Stress Relief Pet Therapy (we have an office dog)
For more about BlueGlass, check out the About Us page.
For more about the recruitment process at BlueGlass visit the Recruitment Process page.Apply now